Thursday, August 12, 2010

I thought we were better than that...

Seattle has made me a bit of a fool. For months prior to summer, I've been telling non-Seattlites new to this emerald city that while yes, the rain is a bit oppressive, and yes, we've had a long, wet spring, just HOLD OUT for the nirvana that is summer. It'll be warm, but not too warm. Clear skies will abound. You will not be able to keep yourself from gamboling about beaches and hillsides. Yes, your skin will darken in the sun!

Instead, this summer has been brutal to my optimism. The occasional sunny day, afternoon or weekend is just enough to tease my hopes up, promises of a long, late summer keep me going. Really though, it's gray, humid and kind of chilly. Those sundresses won't wear themselves, Seattle! Give us a boost of vitamin D. Please?

On that note, this weekend is projected to be dry and hot. Please, Seattle, don't leave us with blue balls.

No comments:

Post a Comment